27th Portland Marathon Event Directors Conference
Portland, OR | Oct. 6-8, 2016
The most valuable conference in the industry
Portland Hilton Downtown - 23rd Floor
921 SW 6th Ave Portland, OR 97204
An interactive and educational experience, this conference features a panel Q&A format with breakout sessions where the details of how to put on an event are discussed. Expert panelists review critical issues for events large and small, including: Politics & City Issues, Volunteer Programs, Sponsorships, Organization, Management, Financial Models, Legal Issues, Technology, Medical and more. This conference is hosted by the Portland Marathon.
Our panel of experienced event directors and experts guarantees a conference that's the best event-reated and hands-on exchange in the industry. It's a conference you will not want to miss! Please note: As in past years, to ensure the most successful and instructional event, we are limiting enrollment. Sign up early!
Why you can't miss this conference:
- Panelists are top event directors & industry experts willing to share their insider knowledge
- Conference attendees are encouraged to join in dialogue & ask questions on any topic
- Attendance is capped at 120 attendees for best learning experience
- Evening networking dinners or receptions bring conference panelists & attendees together
- Conferences are coupled with top quality events to allow “inside look” opportunities
- Unique sponsorship & exhibitor opportunities available (space is limited)
Panelists & Speakers
- Sean Astin, Celebrity & Serious Marathoner; Actor (Lord of the Rings, The Goonies, Rudy)
- Jeff Curtis, CEO, Portland Rose Festival Foundation
- Steve Hamilton, President Hamilton Events
- Rich Harshbarger, CEO, Running USA
- Wally Kastner, Past Event Director, Big Sur International Marathon & Carmel Half
- Scott Keenan, Former Event Director, Grandma’s Marathon
- Gary Kutscher, Race Director, The OC Marathon
- Patrice Matamoros, Race Director, Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
- Rick Nealis, Race Director, Marine Corps Marathon
- Sean Ryan, Race Director, Bellin Run, Door County Triathlon, Across the Bay 10k
- Beth Salinger, Endurance Marketing, Chief Event Officer
- Les Smith, Event Director, Portland Marathon
- Julian Smith, Event Director, Cooper River Bridge Run
- Allan Steinfeld, Past Event Director, NYC Marathon; CEO, NY Road Runners Club
- Mamie Wheeler, Portland Marathon Medical Director & Assistant Event Director
Exhibitor spaces are available for your company in the Trade Exhibit Room for Exhibitor supplied display, adjoining the conference (full access to all participants). Please preview (view here) and contact Mamie to reserve your space before they sell out: email@example.com.
Are you an alumni of the Portland Marathon Event Directors College?
As an alumni you are welcome to join our Portland Marathon Event Directors College Facebook Group. This group is open to alumni of our conference and is a place to interact and continue the conversation!